Concerning the Deity of Messiah Jesus and a response to those who deny same,
First, allow me to say that anyone who does not recognize the Deity of Messiah Jesus is not redeemed by the Spirit and they are not sheltered from the Father’s wrath for sin as the one who is truly “born again” by grace through faith and has established a relationship with God the Father through Jesus as Lord and subsequently received the Holy Spirit, this redeemed man or woman or child WILL understand and acknowledge the necessity of and for Messiah’s Deity as God in flesh who dwelt among mankind. If you do not understand or recognize Messiah as God, you are not saved and you are dying in your sin and headed to the “second death” in Hell (John 8:24). This truism is applicable for Jew and Gentile. The Father made no special provision concerning salvation through the forgiveness of sin for the Jew…the unbelieving Jew will die in sin just like the unbelieving Gentile…there is no difference. Unless Jesus is your Lord to mediate your sin, you will die in sin without excuse (John 14:6).
Response to questions from one who denies Messiah’s deity,
1) Jesus is God in flesh (Philippians 2:8; John 1, Colossians 1) and was baptized as a forerunner-a model for you and me as Jesus sought to please the Father in all things and model righteousness before human kind…this begins with obedience.“For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” John 6:38 (NASB)
2) God has no God…there is no God but the One True God of the Scriptures who has revealed Himself in Time as Father, Son, Spirit, reflecting His will as He interacts in Time with a creation constrained cognitively and physiologically by Time and physics. We could not truly know God or commune with Him or understand Him with intimacy void the Son who walked among us and the indwelling Spirit who tutors us from within.
Speaking of God the Holy Spirit,
“As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.” 1 John 2:27 (NASB)
Jesus said of God the Holy Spirit,1
5 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.… John 14:15-17
3) Jesus told Mary to not cling to Him…to not attempt to thwart that which must be accomplished as per the prophets articulating the Father’s will. Those who walked with Jesus loved Him deeply and desired that He remain among them, become King of the Jews, restore Israel and live among His people forever, but the Jews misunderstood and confused Messiah’s First-Advent with His Second…Jesus is simply proclaiming that the Father’s will supersedes man’s will and that what the Father has ordained via eschatology will come to pass.
4) When one loves Messiah and knows Him intimately through the Spirit, you understand that often times Messiah, in the presence of mankind, communed with the Father from His humanity by example and in doing so Jesus modeled the delineation of authority by volition that exists between the Father, Son and Spirit and this respect for authority was to be transferred to the family unit where the father via federal headship incurs responsibility and culpability for the family and the family is to respect the father. This federal headship was first modeled in Eden as Elohim made Covenant with Adam and Adam incurred the greater culpability for disobedience and it is Adam’s seed that transfers the sin-nature and death through genomic degradation, not Eve’s. Jesus is the 2nd-Adam…the perfection of what the first-Adam was created to be but failed.
5) Jesus and the Father are ONE GOD and Jesus has told you this repeatedly but you don’t believe and this is why you will die in your sin lest you repent (John 14:8-10; John 10:28-30; John 8:58; Luke 10:18; John 8:24 and many more).
It is critical that you note the aspects of worship throughout the Scriptures…angels and men decline worship of them self as this is blasphemy and idol worship but Jesus never declined the worship of men and women, why? Because He is God and only God is worthy of worship and the Jews of His day understood His proclamations that He is God and these Jews murdered Him for same. If the Jews of Jesus’ day understood that Messiah openly proclaimed His deity, why can’t you? Is the veil that thick? Is your heart that hardened?