bject/comment initiating the discussion:
Rickey D. Holtsclaw’s shared comment:
It is certainly disheartening to hear that Israel has compromised its Biblical heritage advocating a very liberal abortion policy along with recognizing and even celebrating homosexual/lesbian perversion in this beautiful Nation.
I find it incredibly confusing as to how a Nation’s leadership could, for one moment, believe that their Nation’s sovereignty and their Nation’s citizenry could ever hope to truly prosper and that peace would engulf their land when the Government of the People and for the People advocate the murder of the unborn and give hearty approval to sexual perversion among its citizens – God will NOT bless a Nation that participates in such atrocities!
Facebook Comment in Response: (User name redacted)
I’m sorry to read your condemning words against Israel with which I heartedly disagree. Israel is no different than any other country in the world concerning abortion. And, that certainly has nothing to do with its deserving of prosperity and peace and even more. It is a very strong country that is a shining example of strength and goodwill and the current actions against it in the United Nations are abhorent. Any such criticism of Israel is a blatant lack of knowledge of Israel and the Jewish people. Israel is to be admired for all that it has endured by facing the hatred, criticism and jealousy of many peoples in the world while providing aide and goodwill to many of the countries in need. G-d bless America and G-d bless Israel and may Obama and any of his supporters choke on the words and actions he just encouraged against Israel.
Facebook Response by Rickey D. Holtsclaw:
1) I find it ironic that you obviously honor and reverence the very “name” of God in your iteration of the spelling “G-d” yet you express a lack of knowledge concerning the holiness and justice of God and His historical dealings with His “chosen people,” the children of Abraham, Issac and Jacob (Israel).
2) Obedience to the Lord’s edicts, honor and respect of the Lord’s creation of life and His “order” set forth in Holy Scripture has EVERYTHING to do with a Nation’s prosperity and survive-ability. To deny this is to deny history and the rise and fall of Nations from the record beginning in Genesis. The Biblical record suggests that we use the 1000-year reign of Rome as a prime example of the destructive nature of immorality among a Nation’s people. In the Hebrew Scriptures we see the retribution, condemnation, destruction by Elohim for the sacrifice of children to the god of the Canaanite’s, child sacrifice to the god of Molech. In addition, if one truly understands God’s holiness and His justice, equating the disobedience of Abraham with Hagar and their illegitimate offspring, Ishmael, can be directly traced and attributed to the Middle East turmoil involving Israel, Islamic hatred and the latest United Nations decision regarding Israel’s construction of settlements in the land acquired from the 1967 Six-Day War – the strife associated with the Palestinian people and the West Bank.
“He [Ishmael] will be a wild donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone’s hand will be against him; And he will live to the east of all his brothers.” (Genesis 16:12)
The people of Israel were set apart as God’s chosen vessel to demonstrate to mankind God’s love, His mercy, His justice, His righteousness, His faithfulness…a vessel by which He provided mankind with His Words and His edicts – a vessel through which He brought forth His Messiah. God also uses the Jewish people as His prophetic “time clock” – if anyone is curious regarding where our Lord is in “time” and “destiny” – simply watch His people and their positioning on the World scene…they depict the “season” of our Lord’s return. How can you deny the correlation between obedience and blessing – disobedience and God’s wrath? To deny this incredibly stark correlation is simply unfathomable, that is, if you’ve truly read and studied the Scriptures.
3) Israel is NOT blessed because of what its people have DONE – Israel is blessed because of God’s faithfulness to keep his word, His promise to Abraham. It is through the Jewish people that God will fulfill the destiny of mankind and establish His Kingdom on Earth and throughout Eternity. God has referred to the Jewish people as stubborn and stiff-necked – a rebellious people, yet He, God, remains faithful to them even through their unfaithfulness and refers to them as the “Apple” of His eye. Don’t be deceived into thinking that anything the Jewish people have acquired in their history is of their own accord or the resultant of their “good works.” Anything of value – the victories in battle, any prosperity you see in the Nation of Israel, even the reestablishment of the Nation of Israel in 1948 is simply evidence of God’s faithfulness to keep His word and the fact that God does not change – He is immutable!
4) Finally, do not be deceived into thinking that our conduct as a Nation and our adherence or disobedience to the Lord’s edicts have no consequence on our longevity and our blessings as a people. The ONLY reason our Lord has prospered the United States for 237-years is due to our faithfulness as we endeavor to proselytize the World with the Gospel and our faithfulness to His chosen people, the Jewish Nation of Israel…
“I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3)
5) Beginning with the mid-20th Century, America has become a rebellious stye in the eye of God, we’ve turned our proverbial backside to God, we’ve worshiped at the throne of Molech and we’ve sacrificed 60-million children at the throne of convenience and we’ve used the rule of law, the rule of law that ultimately emanated from God’s Law, to legislate the “detestable” act of homosexuality – furthermore, we’ve mocked God’s holy covenant of marriage via that same rule of law and with callous disregard and disrespect, we give hearty approval to the defiled concept of “same-sex marriage.” Israel, in its pursuit of secularism, has mirrored the ungodly behavior of the United States, thus, instead of shining lights in a World of darkness, together, the United States and Israel have, in unison, defiled the Word of God, denied the edicts of the Torah and make no mistake about it…together, we WILL REAP WHAT WE HAVE SOWN!
If God does not punish America and Israel for its whoring to false gods, for our unfaithfulness to His edicts, God must apologize to the Nations that have been destroyed by His hand, His Justice, His wrath for their participation in the very same conduct thus making the Holy and Righteous God of Israel a hypocrite and a liar….May God be true and every man a liar…May God be glorified and His word and His Word be victorious and the standard by which Heaven and Earth are judged! May God have mercy on us!!!
Facebook Comment in Response (User name redacted)
You need to chill out, Rickey. I think your preaching needs to be within your church. You do not speak for every man: we are all children of G-d and you cannot speak for G-d. I am so proud of Israel and Israel with prevail in its tribulations. It’s meant to be. No man, no country is perfect, and that includes you. It’s all a matter of opinion and your word is not the holy word.
Response by Rickey D. Holtsclaw
1) Actually I’m not preaching, I’m simply being obedient to the Lord’s Word to speak the truth and stand for righteousness – no one is coercing you to read what I’ve written. If one understands the concept of the “Church” – I am the “church” and have the responsibilities of same.
2) I am not “speaking for God,” simply a reiteration of His word.
3) God does not expect “perfection” for if that were possible there would have been no need for Messiah. God clearly tells us that He desires obedience rather than sacrifice – it is when the heart desires to be obedient that we please Him and it is by our efforts to be obedient we convey our love for Him. No man is perfect for we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, that’s the very reason Messiah took on flesh and suffered a sinners death. My “words,” once again are simply from Scripture and if you take offense to that “word,” I invite you to use Scripture and rebut what I’ve said.. I am indeed willing and would be most appreciative to hear your ideas and your thoughts. Thanks [name redacted].
Facebook Comment in Response (User name redacted)
I do not wish to spend time on all this. I do not believe in any messiah, past or future. I do not believe we are born in sin. All that is a very negative approach to life. I do not choose to debate or discuss all that you wrote when our philosophies are so far apart. I’d rather try to be upbeat and try to save dogs and cats. it’s a better use of my time and gives me more satisfaction. At least we share that interest.
Response by Rickey D. Holtsclaw
Though I too love my animals, rescued another a few days ago , I find the value of the human soul of much greater importance and expressing the “truth” of God’s word an act of love and obedience toward Him. I’m sorry to hear that you reject Yeshua as Messiah for He is your only source of an “upbeat” life with purpose and hope. I am truly grieved to know that you’ve opted to exist in an eternity apart from the Creator who loves and died for you. My responses above are simply in response to your “philosophical” ideology which is not only incorrect but eternally filled with suffering and regret. Thanks [name redacted].
Rickey D. Holtsclaw, Houston PD/Retired